Almost everybody says this on the 1st of January. That’s right, it is only said but not done. It is not that easy. How can you eat healthy when there are so many delicacies to devour on? How about rephrasing it to “I’ll cut down my consumption of junk food”. It will be easier. Or you can just add a little nutritional supplement to your regular diet. For example, sprinkling Moringa Powder in your salad or smoothie, taking Ashwagandha on a regular basis (for over all well being), drinking green tea, et cetera. You can switch to Quinoa which is a replacement for rice. It has high protein, iron and manganese content. Many people are not sure about how to cook the grain.
So here’s a recipe.
1. Wash 1 cup of Quinoa properly.
2. Cook in a pressure cooker with double the quantity of water i.e. 2 cups.
3. Let the pressure build in the cooker, then lower the flame and let it cook for 10 minutes.
4. Take a pan, add 1 tbsp of ghee (clarified butter), 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped tomato, green chillies and peas. You can add any vegetables of your choice.
5. Add 1 tsp of Garam Masala (blend of Peppercorns, Cloves, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cardamom, Bay Leaf and Cumin) and 1/2 tsp of Amchoor powder (dried mango powder).
6. Add the boiled Quinoa.
7. Add salt as per taste.
8. Let it cook for 2 more minutes.
9. Serve and garnish with coriander or mint leaves.
Wish you a very Happy New Year!
Together, Let’s Heal the World
Feel free to reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org